Saturday 1 September 2012

Pub 6, Day 2 – The Angel

By Rob 

Once again, Pubquest began post 10pm… We didn’t get as many places ticked off this time around, but then again we had never actually planned on drinking that night.

(Please Note: Since I spent this part of the evening hanging out with a cool black guy, the following few paragraphs contain words and phrases that I would not normally use. I will underline them so that you do not mistake them for my usual voice).

The only friend of mine with an afro, Zak, invited me to The Angel to watch him strike a few beats at the jam night in Woodhouse. Seeing this as a perfect opportunity to engage in a cheeky little bit of Pubquest™, I invited Andy along.

A relatively basic, yet not unpleasant place, The Angel was your average pub. However, it gained in points dramatically when I discovered that free food had been provided.

The band that was playing were fairly decent, eventually they called Zak up for a bit of a jam. It’s certainly safe to say that my fam was rated, and that he had some good rhythms.

Ever cool, me and Andy ordered a pint of Tetley’s Extra Cold whilst we witnessed some serious jamming.

Due to the free food, and the entertainment, the Angel earns itself a respectable 5/10.

Pub: The Angel (59 Sheffield Road, S13 7EQ)
Rating: 5/10
Brewery: Carlsberg Group (Tadcaster, North Yorkshire)

NEXT UP: Pubquest heads to town, at The Great Gatsby...

No comments:

Post a Comment