Friday 9 June 2017

Pub 135, Day 51 – Rising Sun

By Andy


There is, a pub, in Sheffield,
They call the Rising Sun,
And it's poured a pint for many a parched boy,
And God, I know, I'm one.

My instinct was approval:
Friendly and well-run,
My memory was of fun and jokes,
Down in the Rising Sun.

Now the only thing that Pubquest needs,
Is a pint on polling day,
So we were pretty satisfied,
With Longhorn IPA.

Oh mother, tell your children,
Not to do what we have done,
Don't spend your lives touring all the pubs,
Just go to the Rising Sun.

Well I got one foot in the exit,
The other foot on Abbey Lane,
I'm going back to our list of pubs,
To wear that ball and chain.

Well, there is a pub in Sheffield,
They call the Rising Sun,
And it's been a hit with many a parched boy,
And God, I know, I'm one.

Pub: Rising Sun (665 Abbey Lane, S11 9ND)
Rating: 7.5/10
Brewery: Purity Brewing Company (Great Alne, Warwickshire)

NEXT UP: The election continues, at the White Rose...

No comments:

Post a Comment